Steel is the cost-effective and environmental friendly alternative to any other construction materials because, since the structures are usually constructed much faster than using other materials the costs are usually lower compared to traditional building methods. Lighter weights, easiness in maintenance, reduced risk of fire and 66% recyclability of steel has increased the benefits of it. Above all, strength is a major plus for steel. Steel structures can withstand unfavorable weather conditions such as hurricanes, high winds, heavy snow, tsunami and even earthquakes. They are also resistant to termites, creeping, cracks, splitting and rotting, thus increasing durability.
Steel construction is becoming most popular nowadays. And first time in Sri Lanka “RMI STEEL BUILDING SYSTEMS” is delivering locally manufactured all steel building components under one roof such as pre fabricated steel structures, pre engineered steel structures, Zinc Aluminum roofing products, heat insulation products and ventilation systems.
Divisions under RMI Steel Building Systems
RMI Steel Building Systems
- Design, fabrication, supply and installation of pre fabricated steel structures.
- Design, fabrication, supply and installation of pre engineered steel structures.
RMI Steel Building Products
- Manufacture and supply of Zn/Al roofing products, including roofing sheets, wall cladding sheets, rainwater gutters, down pipes, ridge capping, gable capping, etc with a wide range of colors and thicknesses.
- Manufacture and supply of roof purlins of black steel and galvanized steel with a range of sizes and thicknesses.
RMI Heat Insulation Systems
- Supply of heat insulation materials such as glass wool, aluminum foil and welded mesh with a wide thickness and specification range.
- Supply and installation of turbine ventilators.
All structures are designed to British Standard’s which is widely accepted in the South Asian Region; however conformance to other relevant standards can be verified upon customer’s request. The following are some standards that we follow.
- MBMA “Metal Building Manufactures Association” 2006 Edition
- 1406 Third National Building Dayton, Ohio 45401
- AISC “American Institute of Steel Construction ” Allawable Stress Design. 1989 Edition. 1 East Wacker Drive, Suite 3100, Chicago, Illinois
- BS 5950 (Part 1 to 8) 2000
- Steel Designers’ Manual, Prepared for the Constructional Steel Research and Development Organization
We undertake any industrial, commercial and domestic structures.
Industrial & Commercial Structures:
- Ware Houses
- Air Craft Hangers
- Power Plant Structures
- Multi Storied Buildings
- Mezzanine Floors
- Steel Bridges
- Roof Top Structures
- Canopy Structures
- Steel Stair Cases
- Water Tank Towers
- Farm Houses
- Car Park Sheds
- Roof Structures
Advantages of RMI Steel
- All range of steel structures from domestic to industrial and commercial.
- In-house design capabilities for effective and flexible design needs.
- RMI Steel holds a large stock of raw materials and fabricated steel components, which enable the production division to commence once the customer has approved the drawings.
- Design changes can be accommodated even after the order is placed with us.
- Design changes can be negotiated while the building is in production
- Step-wise collection of building components can be organized to coincide with the construction schedule of the Civil Contractor
- Engineering guidance will be provided from start to complete the project as a project management
- As the engineering records and Project details are maintained at RMI Steel, future extensions and modifications could be accommodated easily.